Chapter President, Douglas Kellner, commented on the news of this honor: "All of the alumni in WNY can take immense pride in this accomplishment. Given the fact that we resurrected the Chapter this past year and reached this level of excellence in less than a year is a testament to the hard work of our Board and the loyalty to our Alma mater by our committed members."
Benefits for the accomplishment of becoming a Group of Distinction are:
- Patch and pin to attach to our banner
- Priority in the annual football lottery
- Membership cards at no charge to the group
- Recognition in The Penn Stater magazine
- Chapter mentioned at select Penn State Alumni Association events
Thank you to all of our members in helping our Chapter earn this prestigious honor!